Search This Blog

Pages

My March & April


"Life is one of those precious fleeting gifts, and everything can
change in a heartbeat."

Combined My March & April as the last couple of months have not been that photo worthy.

* Finally spring has sprung! Although I wish the weather had got the memo, I seriously can't dress for this daily changing weather - warm one minute then chilli and raining the next. * My latest hair obsession, beautiful braids - see more in my post here. * Road trip in the sunshine, working a side braid and my new leopard Primark sunglasses, simple but chic armed with an iced vanilla latte. * Social media is a great source for cute little quotes and these two are my favourites this month - minions are cute and this is so true, especially for me and hubby. The little sausage dogs was a pic I shared with my best friend before we went wedding dress shopping and her response was "this is the honesty I need", i know her too well. * More candles for my ever growing collection from Primark, these two tone ones are so cute and smell even better - pink/gold is red berry and the blue/ silver is coconut & vanilla. Great scents and such good value at £3. * A little treat before my trip to London. Wanted a small hands free bag but something that is still cute, this one is a leather/suede mix and the snakeskin panel is very on trend - £28 from good old ASOS. * A personal style post - what I feel has influenced by style and the mix of celebrities I look to for inspiration. To see who else i am inspired by read the post here


* My favourite Pinterest image of the month, cute casual and very springlike. * Finally gave in and decided to see what all the fuss is about with Real Techniques brushes. Wasn't going to rush out and buy the whole range but decided to start with the stippling brush, to use with my summer makeup. Apart from the price which did leave me feeling a little sick (£11 is a lot for 1 brush), I have been very surprised and pleased at how good a brush it is. Soft and gives amazing coverage, may have to investigate the range further. * My one and only London Primark purchase (was very impressed with my restraint) - this light has been on my wish list for months so was so happy to find one in the Tottenham Court Road store. A gorgeous piece for my bedroom, that is surprisingly bright/powerful for a battery operated light. * So I turned 29 this month and my present from Hubby was a trip to London for a couple of days - some shopping, museum visits, lots of food and a catch up dinner with one of my best friends. * My birthday present to myself a new Kate Spade handbag. Was only supposed to be looking but once I saw this bag I fell in love and had to have, much to hubby's annoyance! Will do a post later in the month to show you this luscious leather lovely in more detail. * The best part of my birthday trip - the Alexander McQueen Savage Beauty exhibition at the V&A. Knew this was going to be beautiful but I was blown away by just how amazing it was, a true visionary and a huge loss to the fashion world - post to follow. * Belated Birthday goodies - new summer sandals from Topshop and a gorgeous bright & bold statement necklace from Accessorize. * The usual end to a simple Primark visit, randomness! Went in for two vest tops and came out with hair bobbles, lunch boxes, an inflatable bath pillow and the best pair of hen sunglasses for my besties wedding, so random but so her. 

Roll on May!


* A note about my choice of quote for this post, appropriate as i wanted to share that my husband and i sadly suffered an early miscarriage in April, something that has sadden us both deeply and made us appreciate life and all we have (no one talks about it but it is important to).

Post a Comment

Blog Series

1 Item - 4 Ways

Home

Style Spotlight

How to Wear

Blog Archive

Follow Me ♥

Inspiration

“Playing dress-up begns at age five and never really ends.”
– Kate Spade