Search This Blog

Pages

My January


"This is the year I will be stronger, braver, kinder, and unstoppable. This year I will be fierce."

* Every Christmas there is one item that seems to dominate the presents, most times in my family its DVD's or books but this year it was slippers... Minions, Julian the monkey and Mickey Mouse all made an appearance on my sofa, all from Primark. * A New Year's Eve walk in the freezing cold and snow with the family - hubby looks way too excited #photobomb. * New books to add to my coffee table collection - Pretty Honest, a beauty guide with very helpful tips in and the very inspirational biography from a personal role model, Diane Von Furstenberg - who knew this woman has done so much more than design the iconic wrap dress. * A treat to myself, new curling wand with a larger barrel perfect for more disheveled curls. * Winter inspired street style - pins from my Pinterest boards. * Favourite sale bargain - beautiful vintage look, long line floral blazer from ASOS. Not what i would have classed as AW wear but a bargain none the less, perfect for layering in the spring season and the perfect partner to my favourite little white dress. * Love an insect print - the new IT print from H&M, in a textured sweatshirt with exposed zip detailing, ideal weekend loungewear. * I am in love!! this Olivia Rubin jacket has my name all over it, although sadly with a £450 ticket on i may have to resort to loving from a far. * These days there are so many good copies around on the highstreet and i was very impressed with these great little courts i got from Primark especially when i found an almost identical pair on the Dune website for a lot more money. Great heel height and a patent heel, just need to the snow to go and i can wear.


* Discovering Primark Candles, a great scent - Coconut & Vanilla cream and a bargain at only £2.50. Will have to go back and try some of the other scents - any suggestions on which to try?
* In my opinion any outfit is made by the choice of accessories, just a few of my favourites from my Pinterest boards. * The January My Little Box - Energy. Not impressed with this one, why does everything in January have to be fitness related? The face cream, refreshing spritz and gym bag are useful but i really didn't need yet another bottle of red nail polish especially as i am not a lover of Nails Inc. The only item i was happy with was the cute little calendar, a great size for my desk at work and has some really nice illustrations. Hoping the February box is an improvement or its bye bye My Little Box. * New year, new Zumba gear - leggings from H&M, sports bottle from good old Poundland and the best sports bra i have ever had from Primark (a very unexpected find, went back for another colour) at an amazing £4!!! * Random sale find in Accessorieze, every girl should have a unicorn air freshener in her car, especially when it smells of bubblegum. * New phone time... love when my contract ends and i can choose a shiny new handset. As my contracts are usually 2 years long, i do find that at about 18 months i am bored and on the look out for my next phone and i was so happy to find the Samsung Galaxy S5 mini available on the contract i wanted. Such a great phone and in my opinion Samsung are just as good as iphone's. * More January loves from Pinterest - with some beautiful spring florals to brighten up this gloomy month. * Cute new scarf from Accessorize in the sale, warm and snuggly with a cute plaid print with pops of neon pink (doesn't look very neon in the pic). * Totally in love with the new collection at Paperchase - funky cats!! Pink glitter and a kitty wearing sunnies, need this notebook on my desk!


* Primark's new homeware collection is proving irresistible! This fleece blanket in grey checks is huge and for only £10 a great find for snuggling on the sofa, although Willow likes it too so i do have to fight to actually use it. * New mascara - Maybelline Lash sensational - pink packaging, great lash lengthening and non smudging what more could a girl ask for in a mascara. * Slogan tee's that caught my eye on the highstreet - the shopping addiction one even my mum saw and said was perfect for me. * My nieces amazing Frozen birthday cake, complete with fairy lights and characters. Looked great and tasted it too. * More Primark homeware - at only £6 i couldn't resist both sets of these little battery operated fairy lights. The little hearts are on my Ikea unit in the bedroom and the lanterns are draped on my staircase to add that homey touch. * My little phone felt quite naked until this leopard lovely arrived - so cute love the pastel leopard print. I do need to have a little rant here, why do companies only sell the fancy/fashionable/branded phone cases for iPhone? I fell in love with a Marc Jacobs and a Fifi Lapin case but neither are available for Samsung phones. Why can't these beauties be offered to the rest of the world who choose not to own an iPhone? please offer more!!!! * Great slogan from River Island, so true and love the colour palette, a nice spring nautical look. * Finally the new Mulberry campaign is out, check out my post Blooming Marvellous Mulberry? to see what i thought.

Hope you had a fabulous January....


Post a Comment

Blog Series

1 Item - 4 Ways

Home

Style Spotlight

How to Wear

Blog Archive

Follow Me ♥

Inspiration

“Playing dress-up begns at age five and never really ends.”
– Kate Spade