Search This Blog

Pages

My December


This year is all about new Christmas traditions - new house, new traditions, especially as this is our first year hosting the big day.

* So starting as we mean to go on - advent calendars. Cadbury Dairy Milk for the humans and weird green kitty treats for little Willow (who still has half the windows to eat even though it is now Jan). * It really is the most wonderful time of the year! * New festive Pj's (Primark long sleeved top and fair-isle Sainsburys bottoms) have to open pressies in an appropriate outfit. 
* Amazing light up star decoration, i couldn't resist. Paperchase gold and white paper chains covered in stars and stripes, which filled a Sunday afternoon with hysterics as hubby has never made paperchains before (sad!) and my beautiful tree - purple and silver with a dash of white, with one sad looking star that Willow chose to love and now looks a little sad with a hole in. 
* My boss knows me so well - yummy chocs and a bottle of bubbly, although not your run of the mill flavours, oh no - mint and strawberry and hot hot chocolate with chilli which burns the mouth, to name a few. * Christmas shopping isn't complete without a trip to the Disney store and this year a cuddle with Olaf! and some much needed DVD purchases for my collection - i am a bit of a Disney lover and was excited to see these on offer in HMV, a couple of classics and a modern favourite.


Think i may be a little obsessed with burgundy/oxblood!!!

* New high neck top from Topshop - sleeveless and longline, perfect with skinny jeans and boots. Will be a nice transitional spring item too. * Mixing it up for work with my new ASOS heart clutch bag, teamed with my grey M&S drop hem dress and ankle boots. This bag is amazing, oversized and large enough to fit in all my daily essentials, with a gorgeous gold magnetic heart fastening - £25, still on the site if you fancy a treat LOVE and the black version is currently in the sale too. * Another bag purchase a simple cross body bag from Dorothy Perkins, perfect for those hand free days, gold detailing and a touch of pony skin for some added luxury. * This month's delivery - My Little box in collaboration with Fleur de Force (my favourite youtuber with those most adorable sausage dog puppy), with more delightful goodies inside - click here for a peak inside - roll on the January box. * A small collection of "me" gifts this month, most of which you have already seen but also a fab little humbug clutch from New Look and my favourites of the month, my Pom Pom shoes from Topshop which you may have seen in my November post, so comfy and versatile even in the colder months. * The latest collection of street style inspiration on my Pinterest boards - a mix of snuggle and sparkle, which sums up December for me, check out the link for more. * My indulgent purchase from Topshop (present to me from me) this gorgeous furry cardigan, with a faux fur collar. I was instantly drawn to the amazing print and mix of colours but was put off by the price - £65 was a bit of a shock, so originally i walked away and didn't buy, but after 3 weeks of dreaming about it i gave in and managed to track one down (sold out online), and so glad i did as i haven't stop wearing it since, the perfect thickness for the office and so comfy over both jeans and dresses. Styled for work with a little lace detail dress and ankle boots.


Its Christmas!!!!!!

* Love this man sooooo much and was very impressed with the amazing spread he put on for the family, it was a raving success (he has been booked to do it all again next year), although bless him, he did feel the pressure cooking for three women who have been doing this for 20+ years!!! . * Family selfie before dessert. * Just a couple of my gifts - my mum knows me so well, a fabulous shopping bag (slogan so true) and a sparkly slipper with a mini bottle of Rose. The wine didn't last very long but the shoe has taken pride of place on my dressing table with my make up brush pot in it. Plus from my sister the book i have been very excited to read - as a footwear buyer i do have an obsession for all things shoe related and this book will be an interesting read (plus who doesn't love a good pair of flats these days). * Dressed up for the cold - my winters day uniform: jeans, UGG boots, jumper, coat and blanket scarf plus a fedora or bobble hat. * Snow day outfit - all the previous with UGG's switched out for my stunning lilac Hunter wellingtons, which were needed for the snow we got on Boxing day. * Out and about on New Year's eve with the family for a walk to tire out my neice - which did not work!!! With the obligatory family selfie needed if for no other reason than to show off the array of hats! (except my sister in law who was brave without one).

Happy New Year - i hope you all had a good 2014. It seems to have flown by and a lot of exciting things have happened - hubby and i finally moved into our own house, my little sister got married and i spent the festive season with all the people i love to name just a few. 
However i know this year has been tough for many so i am so thankful for my life and for all those that make it so wonderful - so here is to the New year and all the adventures it brings.

HAPPY 2015

Post a Comment

Blog Series

1 Item - 4 Ways

Home

Style Spotlight

How to Wear

Blog Archive

Follow Me ♥

Inspiration

“Playing dress-up begns at age five and never really ends.”
– Kate Spade