Search This Blog

Pages

October Accessories Haul

"A woman makes an outfit her own with accessories" - Oscar De La Renta. 

This month has been all about accessories - a mix of being underwhelmed by the fashion in stores and discovering some hidden gems. The number one item has been my gorgeous Primark wool fedora, which if you follow me on social media you will see I am obsessed and have been wearing constantly but there have been a few other additions...... as you can see.


An essential item in my collection is neckwear - I love a good scarf, something so simple that can jazz up even the most plain of outfits. The gorgeous bold leopard print style (1.) came in the October addition of My Little Box and is an archived print from none other than the amazing Diane von Furstenberg - a beautiful silky square scarf that looks fabulous especially with black. The other scarf (2.) came from my highstreet favourite Accessorize, an oversized winter floral/tribal mix scarf complete with tassels. Featured in a how to wear video by the brand, as soon as I watched I had to have it - How to style this season's square scarf .

Next up jewellery: as a magpie drawn to pretty things I couldn't resist a bit of new sparkle in my life. A cute set of three bracelets (3.) from good old Accessorize, in this seasons colours - a fab mix of navy and burgundy, these simple bracelets are very detailed and great for everyday (although no good for wearing with knitwear as you easily get attached!). One place I have always found cute but quirky pieces is ASOS and when the mid season sale email came through that was my cue to pay a visit and I came away with a gold heart necklace (4.) for only £2 and this amazing ball cuff ring (5.) in black and gold at £6 - I struggle to find rings that fit my middle finger so thought this style would be good and it fits perfectly, also something a little different and modern about the design, like having mini mickey mouse ears on your finger. Also I couldn't leave without this polka dot headband (6.) with its interesting knot detail and a different colour for me that actually really suits the shade of my hair, another bargain at only £4. The last jewellery piece is another item from the October My Little Box - a lip brooch, the signature logo of the DVF brand (7.) simple, bold but chic.

The final item in my haul is something I have been considering for a while now but was struggling to find in the size and colour i wanted - a pompom key ring (8.) to accessorize my Kate Spade Beau. This little beauty arrived and I instantly loved it, my husband rolled his eyes and my cat looked very excited and intrigued (need to monitor her interaction as I do not want another shredding incident!). I found it on Etsy, somewhere I haven't bought from before but was inspired by the variety of beautiful handmade pieces, although I did not read the description correctly and didn't realise it came all the way from Canada! but was impressed it came much quicker than anticipated. If you fancy joining this furry trend check out Petalle Creations for pompom key rings in every colour of the rainbow. 


Can't wait to wear all of theses lovelies, check out my Instagram to see how i style them.

Post a Comment

Blog Series

1 Item - 4 Ways

Home

Style Spotlight

How to Wear

Blog Archive

Follow Me ♥

Inspiration

“Playing dress-up begns at age five and never really ends.”
– Kate Spade