Search This Blog

Pages

TGF Edit: Latest Beauty Loves

Although i have always loved beauty products, it has really only been the last couple of years that i have started to appreciate them. Before i would always buy the cheapest products, usually supermarket own brands but lately my taste has improved. Probably due to the amount of free samples given away these days with magazines, goodie bags etc that allow you try to before you buy, a concept i fully support. Here is a round up of my current beauty loves, products that i do spend money on and that i have see great results from.....


1. Soap & Glory - 3 in 1 daily detox facial wash £8
A gentle facial wash that not only smells amazing but has worked wonders for my skin, which i have struggled with since i was a teenager. It is a wash/scrub hybrid that leaves my face feeling refreshed and clean. This was part of a Soap and Glory gift set i got on offer last year and lasts for ages as a little blob goes a long way.

2. Topshop Lip Bullet in There she goes £8
The newest addition to my beauty collection, only bought last week but already a must have - i bought this after reading so many good reviews on the Topshop website and also many video reviews on YouTube. It is a great classic, everyday colour, that goes on smoothly, doesn't feel dry and lasts well on my lips. I am impressed with Topshops' make up range, most stores that branch out into beauty only produce average products but so far i have several lovelies that rival the major cosmetic brands including the best ever gel eyeliner and a gold eye crayon.

3. NUXE Huile Prodigieuse Multi usage dry oil £17
A sample from the September My Little box, and although i did have to do some research into what this little bottle was for, i was pleasantly surprised just how versatile it is. Face, hair, scars, dry skin you name it Nuxe oil will help. Not the cheapest of products so may not re-buy however because you only use a small drop it will last longer than many products - will continue to use and see how I feel. A silky oil, that smells lovely and isn't sticky like some other oils I have tried.

4. Percy & Reed Wonder Balm £18
Thank you Elle magazine - the tester of this amazing product came free earlier in the year and i have not been disappointed. A great consistency that smooths my hair down before styling without leaving that horrible sticky residue that many serum/balms do. This product has enhanced my blow dry and has also helped to smooth flyaway hairs when straightening. The only downside of this brand is that they do not sell in many stores and i am yet to find once locally, although now i am in love i will probably just order online, especially as it is now stocked by ASOS.

5. VO5 Heat protect styling spray £4
A new brand for me - sadly my usual Lee Stafford heat protection spray was out of stock, so i decided to take a chance on this VO5 one instead. Although i have heard of VO5 i have never used any of the products before, this heat spray has a lovely scent to it and leaves my hair feeling smooth and silky after styling and is a great price.

6. Percy & Reed Finishing Polish £10
Another Elle free gift (please keep this partnership going!!) and another thumbs up from me. Worked alongside the wonder balm this finishing polish adds just the right amount of styling to my hair without weighing it down or making it greasy too quickly. This brand is fast becoming a solid favourite in my bathroom - not only the quality and results of the products but also the attention to detail in the branding. I absolutely love the illustrations used, they give the brand some personality and also make it look chic and modern, plus I am a real sucker for glamorous illustrations.


Would love to hear which beauty product you love?


Post a Comment

Blog Series

1 Item - 4 Ways

Home

Style Spotlight

How to Wear

Blog Archive

Follow Me ♥

Inspiration

“Playing dress-up begns at age five and never really ends.”
– Kate Spade