Search This Blog

Pages

Grey & Yellow

Since the day we chose to buy a house, I have been planning in my head what each room will look like, there is even a mood board on my coffee table with magazine clippings and fabric swatches. Even though it is not complete yet and wont be until July, I cannot stop looking longingly through interior design magazine and pinning like mad on pinterest, collating ideas and styles that I want to emulate in my beautiful new house (finding balance with hubby's taste is proving interesting as he has very different taste to me and would happily live a magnolia house!). I have a feeling for the next few months my fashion addition may give way to a house one instead - especially as I want to find some more interesting and individual pieces which will involve some hunting for, need to go to places like Home Sense who have so many amazing unique pieces.

My current obsession is a grey and yellow colour scheme that I have seen everywhere, this is something that i want to use in the living room, as it is quite a neutral palette and isn't too girly.  I love the mix of the neutral grey tones mixed with the bright yellow (yellow isn't normally a colour I like, not a flattering fashion colour on me however in the home I think it will be amazing). The beautiful birdcage wallpaper below is from B&Q and would make an amazing feature wall, however hubby is not impressed so not sure that will happen but I may need to buy a roll to make some pictures instead, so I can still use within the room as it is just gorgeous.


With my new grey corner sofa, white Ikea bookcases and black dvd storage and the accents of yellow picked out through cushions and some great feature pieces, I think this colour scheme could be a winner. My beautiful black and white wedding pictures would also look amazing in this room. Check out my Pinterest - For the Home board for more on this colour scheme and other great home ideas. 

What do you think to Yellow & Grey as a colour scheme, would you use in your house? Would be great to see if you already have used, and how you have incorporated the pop of yellow - please share here or contact me via my links in the menu bar.

Post a Comment

Blog Series

1 Item - 4 Ways

Home

Style Spotlight

How to Wear

Blog Archive

Follow Me ♥

Inspiration

“Playing dress-up begns at age five and never really ends.”
– Kate Spade