Search This Blog

Pages

My February


* My take on plaid Friday - a regular event in the Lands' End office, i can't pull of a shirt so an open back blouse will have to do, styled up with my New Look statement necklace. * The new issue of Elle, i really like the new look of the magazine and found this cover particularly eye catching. * A great day spent with my good friend Jo and her 2 little people, her son Issac took a liking to my husband James and fell asleep on him whilst catching up on CBeebies #futuredadmoment, whilst i was entertained by the beautiful baby Sophia and her cheeky smile.  * The new River Island collections landed in Northampton and i was impressed with the great use of colour and print, with my favourite piece being the pink leather jacket - a spring must have. * Found these beautiful shoes on Pinterest and was so pleased to find out they are from good old New Look, a great heel height and perfect partner for my bridesmaid dress. * I swear each month my pile of reading gets bigger - love the February issues of magazines are they are always so thick and full of new season lovelies. * A very, very belated birthday gift from my husband - tickets to see Wicked at Milton Keynes. What an fantastic show, "Defying Gravity" literally has the hairs on my arms standing on end every time i hear it and live it was AMAZING! Such a different musical intertwined with the classic Wizard of Oz story - if you haven't seen it i recommend you do. * My Perfect Pairings post from earlier in the month, where i have been trying to buy less and wear more as Gok would say and this were some of my new pairings using pieces already in my large wardrobe.


* Favourite OOTD from the month - a great variety of outfits. #1 Topshop animal print dress with multi coloured tweed jacket from River Island. #2 Khaki skinnies from Dorothy Perkins, Zara striped t, tartan scarf from Accessorie and Primarni ankle boots. #3 Vintage floral Topshop kimono dress, black blazer and great new H&M studded belt. * The Glitter Fashionista turned 2 on the 11th Feb - can't believe how time has flown - a big thank you to my followers, both on the blog and my social media. * Beautiful flowers from hubby for our anniversary, 5 years since he proposed - the 13th as he was too excited / nervous to hang on until the 14th! * The new SS14 season guides that all come out in Feb - Elle Collections, Company and Marie Claire Runway all sat on the coffee table helping to shape my spring wardrobe. * Was so excited for LFW and in particular the Mulberry show as usual but missed the memo to say there wasn't a show just a preview - there I was with my coffee and notepad in front of a black screen for 10 minutes before I realized! Sadly disappointed by the result of the preview and the new Cara bags - read my thoughts here Mulberry Miss, wishing the amazing Emma Hill would come back! * The latest must have piece that i need - this beautiful Breton embellished clutch from Accessorize - just waiting for the tweet telling me it is in stock! #excited.


* My favourite new combination - the old faithful Topshop LBD, striped Next blazer, western cutout boots and my new H&M belt. In a gorgeous shade of grey this belt goes with everything! * My Pinterest loves of the month - another great collection of images showing some great transitional looks, especially liking the leopard print swing dress. *  My new series - TGF edits. Starting off the series is my top picks from the new M&S Limited Collection, well worth a look as some truly beautiful and reasonably priced pieces Limited Collection. * Continuing my obsession with Accessorize - a piece from the new SS14 collection, a statement piece with a mix of pastel and neon colours. Already worn to death and at £22 this piece is a great addition to any jewellery box. * One discovery made this month - Willow is obsessed with flowers! Real flowers pose far to much of a spillage/breakage risk, as well as some being poisonous to cats so invested in a great selection of fake ones, that look really good and don't seem as interesting to my furry housemate. These are a great alernative and these days do look real - check out Dunelm and Wilkinsons for a good selection of styles at great prices. * My new obsession - Midi skirts, have finally found a great style that once it finally arrives from H&M will be a staple in my wardrobe and already have some great inspiration on how to wear. * As well as my blog turning 2 - little Willow also had her 2nd birthday this month. While some may find me weird for celebrating my cat's birthday, she is a big party of my family and i love her to bits so why not celebrate, besides who can say no to such a cutie. * My first day at work this year without my winter coat - an achievement that hopefully will be repeated soon, or not if you believe the weatherman! 

Cannot believe that February is already over!

Post a Comment

Blog Series

1 Item - 4 Ways

Home

Style Spotlight

How to Wear

Blog Archive

Follow Me ♥

Inspiration

“Playing dress-up begns at age five and never really ends.”
– Kate Spade